Novel Coronavirus - COVID19
Published 1:38pm on 11 Mar 2020
Update 4/1/2021: We are grateful to see so many people getting their COVID vaccinations. OWSA is committed to ensuring we are sailing safely and will maintain the OWSA COVID-19 safety guidelines in 2021. It is so important that we continue to be vigilant about using the safety guidelines. You can review the safety guidelines in this article, or login to the OWSA member portal, go to "my information" and select "terms and conditions". Sail on 2021!
Update 12/14/2020: The OWSA Board continues to monitor the state health and safety updates and is committed to ensuring we are sailing safely. We learned a lot this year and when you renew your membership, all members will be asked to review the COVID-19 safety guidelines again as it is so important that we continue to be vigilant about using the safety guidelines.
Originally Posted 3/11/2020: The health and safety of our members is always a top priority for the Oregon Women's Sailing Association. We are monitoring the latest developments related to Novel Coronavirus, and will follow recommended practices issued by federal, state, and local health organizations. If we decide to postpone or cancel meetings or events, we will make an announcement via our website, and also send out email to our current member mailing list. At this time, our currently scheduled events will occur as normal.
We ask that all members be sure to follow current safety recommendations:
- 1. Avoid close contact with people outside of your household and maintain a 6' distance at all times.
- 2. Stay home when you are sick.
- 3. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- 4. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or cough/sneeze into your arm, not hand).
- 5. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- 6. To the extent possible, avoid touching commonly used surfaces and clean commonly used surfaces on boats often.
- 7. Wear a mask any time you can not be 6' away from others.