OWSA Free Sail-A-Dinghy Day and BBQ
- Women who want to sail a dinghy!
- Something for the BBQ or a potluck dish to share
- Your own dinghy, kayak or paddle board to launch and play on!
- Sailing Games
Other dinghy boat learning opportunities at WSC you could register and do:
Take a dinghy sailing class! Adults learn the basics of sailing in 14-foot 420s, which are sailed by two people. Classes include classroom lectures and as much on-the-water practice as possible. All sailors will be required to complete a 50-foot swim check and capsize recovery drill. Four Saturdays or 3 Weeks of Tuesday & Thursday Evening $325 (If you sign up to take Session 6, your last class will be the same day of the OWSA's Sail-A-Dinghy Day and BBQ and we will be there to root you on! Session 6 runs July 27 - August 17 from 10 - 2. Schedule with WSC by calling or emailing WSC at 503-246-5345 or email@example.com)
Take a private lesson the day of the BBQ or another time . Call or email WSC at 503-246-5345 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost: 3 Hour Private Lessons, $300 for one person, $375 for two people, $25 for every person after two. Private lessons are a great way to learn or advance your skills while sailing individually, with a friend, or with the whole family. Private lessons allow coaches to give personalized feedback and teach to your particular skill level. During our private lessons the coach will either be in the boat with you or along side in a powerboat. Lessons last three hours and are available by appointment through the office. Private lessons can be taught in your privately owned boat or one of the club's 420s, Lasers, or Optis. Call or email the office to schedule a Private Lesson 503-246-5345 or email@example.com.
- 1. Have fun on the Willamette River at WSC inspiring women to play on/in the water
- 2. Free small boat dinghy rides by WSC members from 1-3
- 3. Socialize
- 4. Introduce women to OWSA and WSC
- 5. Have a Commodores' Toast
- 6. Have a toast to women who sail and play on the water
- 7. Set up sailing games on some of the upstairs tables for groups to play
- 8. Have a great big WSC thank you card for folks to sign and show their appreciation.
- 11:00 - Set up
- 12:00-- 3:00 - BBQ is lit and ready for people to cook their own food
- 12:00-5:00 - Potluck
- 1:00-3:00 Free Dinghy Rides
- 12:00-2:00 (10am-2pm class) Watch the weekend dinghy class learn to sail. Maybe some of our members are in the class!
- 12:00-5:00 - Launch the boats and watercraft and play on the water all afternoon
- 3:30 - Toast to Woman in Sailing
- 6:00 - Clean up and go home