OWSA Free Sail-A-Dinghy Day and BBQ
17 August, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Update from Willamette Sailing Club. Low or no wind predicted for Saturday afternoon! Bring water toys to play on, a potluck dish and your best sailing stories to share with friends, new and old!
Come welcome guests Sharon Sites Adam, first woman to sail the Pacific Ocean solo; Nancy Erley, captain of two world circumnavigations; Becky Huseby, member of the first all women's team to race the Pacific Cup; Mary Hartel who double handed Pacific Cup in 2018 and several past OWSA commodores including, Linda Wanitschek, Alice Patton, Mary Woiccak and Edie Felix. Chat with them each about their stories and dreams for women in sailing!
- Women who want to sail a dinghy!
- Something for the BBQ or a potluck dish to share
- Your own dinghy, kayak or paddle board to launch and play on!
- Sailing Games
- 1. Have fun on the Willamette River at WSC inspiring women to play on/in the water
- 2. Free small boat dinghy rides by WSC members from 1-3
- 3. Socialize
- 4. Introduce women to OWSA and WSC
- 5. Have a Commodores' Toast
- 6. Have a toast to women who sail and play on the water
- 7. Set up sailing games on some of the upstairs tables for groups to play
- 8. Have a great big WSC thank you card for folks to sign and show their appreciation.
- 11:00 - Set up
- 12:00-- 3:00 - BBQ is lit and ready for people to cook their own food
- 12:00-5:00 - Potluck
- 1:00-3:00 Free Dinghy Rides
- 12:00-2:00 (10am-2pm class) Watch the weekend dinghy class learn to sail. Maybe some of our members are in the class!
- 12:00-5:00 - Launch the boats and watercraft and play on the water all afternoon
- 3:30 - Toast to Woman in Sailing
- 6:00 - Clean up and go home