OWSA has many opportunities for you to become involved. Here are just a few places for you to contribute:
- A few minutes talking to new and prospective members at our monthly OWSA meetings. (Just do it - Let's make them feel welcome.)
- An evening hosting a Fireside at your home for new members. Don't worry, we supply the presenter. We just need hostesses. Contact email@example.com for details.
- A couple of hours crewing the OWSA booth at the Oregon Boat Show in January. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- A couple of hours or more helping to teach our classes. Topics vary. Someone helped you gain your skills - this is a wonderful way to pay it back. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Seasonal (Winter/Spring) work like being an Education Guppy to help organize materials for Education Classes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- A few hours sailing and mentoring as an experienced sailor. Wednesday Night Sails (WNS) aren't just for new sailors. We need your experience. Sign up and join us.
- A couple of hours or more helping to plan our Summer Picnic or a Nauti Drink. Contact email@example.com for details.
- One-day events like our Cool Maneuvers Docking Class (we'd love to have you on the Fender Crew)!
- Summer sailing and mentoring being a First Mate on Wednesday Night Sails. Contact FirstMate@owsa.net for details.
- Longer commitments like being on our OWSA Board.
|Please contact OWSA's Vice Commodore for volunteer opportunities at ViceCommodore@owsa.net|
"Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart." Elizabeth Andrew